Hey there! Today after a long day at work I decided to throw together a quick and tasty quesadilla. I was very excited about it, as this was my first home-made quesadilla! It was a hit (even though I was the only person to enjoy it… *clears throat* That’s neither here nor there…)
Depending on the size of your tortilla will depend on how “neat” your quesadilla comes together, however, it will be tasty! The size of the tortillas will also depend on how much filling you need. I used simple, fresh and fun ingredients that I already had in my house and you can do the same. Because I basically threw this recipe together, I’ll give you “roundabouts” on measurements. I suggest you go where the spirit leads you! That’s the best way to fix a meal anyway. Don’t forget: the size of the tortilla will depend on how much filler you need… or the size of your hunger 🙂
Bell pepper – 6 slices, halved
Mushrooms – about 5 or 6 pre-sliced pieces, chopped
Corn – (I used frozen) about half of a palm full
Cherry tomatoes – 5 or 6, sliced
Monterey-Jack Cheese – eye-ball it
Salt, red pepper flakes (a little, NOT a lot), garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper – to taste
Olive oil – 1 tbsp plus a splash
1. Shred cheese, set to side.
2. Sautee veggies in 1 tbsp of olive oil, season with salt, red pepper, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder to taste.
3. Remove veggies from pan and place on top of a paper towel in a bowl. This will help drain excess oil.
4. Add a splash of olive oil to pan making sure that it “hydrates” the bottom of the pan. Add 1 tortilla.
5. Add some of your shredded cheese to tortilla, spread veggies on top of cheese. Allow to cook for about 2 or 3 minutes. Keep an eye on it to ensure that cheese begins to melt.
6. Add last bit of cheese and cover with tortilla. Flip. *make sure that ingredients remain inside of tortilla as much as possible*
7. Allow cheese to melt to desired consistency and tortilla to gain a desirable color. Remove from pan and allow to sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
8. Plate, cut and enjoy! Feel free to use any veggies you want!